Hoststar spam filter
All incoming and outgoing emails are first scanned by a spam filter.
In addition to the predefined spam filter rules, you can configure custom spam filter settings for each email account.
For example, you can choose how emails that have been identified as spam should be handled. By default, they are moved to the spam folder. Alternatively, you can delete spam emails directly or have them forwarded to your mailbox.
More information about spam filter settings in My Panel.
Facts and default values for the Hoststar spam filter
- Our spam filter scans all incoming and outgoing emails.
- In addition, various global spam lists are checked and the content of emails analysed. Read more about problems with spam lists.
- The spam filter works according to a points system, whereby each incoming and outgoing email is scanned and rated according to specific criteria.
- For example if an email contains several typical keywords, it will be given a higher score. In contrast, there are also features that indicate an email is not spam and result in a lower score.
- After each email has been scanned, it is given a final score. This final score is then compared with the user-defined value (the default value is 5 points).
- If the email's score exceeds the specified value, it will be marked as spam and moved by default to the spam folder for the email account.